Thursday, January 27, 2011

Farmer Casserole

When I started putting together my Recipes on the Taffy Pull page I realized that my Farmer Casserole recipe was on my old blog.  I thought I better share that recipe here since we have it almost weekly.

014

Ingredients:

4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes ( I buy big bags of hash browns at Sam’s club for around $4.00—you can make a lot of casseroles with that bag!)

Shredded Cheese (whatever kind you like, I usually just use sharp cheddar)

1-2 cups of diced turkey ham

6 beaten eggs

1-12oz can of evaporated milk (I’ve used both plain whipping cream and milk when I didn’t have any evaporated milk—turns out just fine!)

Onion powder

Salt

Pepper

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with Pam.  Spread out hash browns on the bottom.  Sprinkle on your onion powder (to taste) and salt and pepper.  Add your turkey ham.  In a separate bowl mix together the milk and eggs, beating well and then pour over the top of the ham and potatoes.  Sprinkle cheese on top, as much as you like!

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, let it set for a good 5 minutes before cutting into it.

This recipe is easily doubled or tripled, then you can freeze the extra casseroles for another morning.  Freeze them unbaked and then the night before you want to eat one, put it in the fridge to thaw.  Bake it in the morning for a hot and wholesome breakfast!

We like this with wheat toast.  My boys like to make a sandwich out of the bread and casserole.

This recipe originally came from the Don’t Panic-Dinner’s in the Freezer Cookbook, but I’ve changed it to suite our tastes!

Enjoy!

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. I've never made it, but I have always meant to! I think I'll try it this weekend. Looks delicious. I like that its in layers rather than all stirred together. Thanks. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy! I'm going to copy it down and make it for us! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I am loving all of your recipes that you share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe is used for breakfast all the time in my house now! Sometimes we use sausage or bacon. This morning it's sausage!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!