Friday, February 11, 2011

Bubble Gum at Build-a-Bear

Way back at the beginning of the school year we promised Bubble Gum Taffy that we would take her to the Build-a-Bear workshop when she completed her 100 Easy Lessons book.  I shared in this post how we had to ditch the book and move on to something else, but I didn’t want to kill the momentum and joy that comes with learning how to read.  So we spent Saturday morning reading the last 2 stories in the book.  I have to say that she read the book just fine but still seems to have some strange issue with the book, I’m still thinking it’s the font, or how many words are on a page…I don’t know.  As far as I could tell, the level of words was equal too the Pathway Reader that she is having NO TROUBLE with!  We wanted her to feel like she had officially completed the book though, and she willingly read it, though it was very, very slow going!

And so, I am happy to share, that she has earned her reward  and enjoyed a trip to the Build-a-Bear workshop at the Mall of America.

004

She was giddy!  The store was PACKED!

009

It took her a long time to pick just the right friend, but finally she decided on this teddy bear covered in hearts.  She named her “love bunch.”

013

Brothers watching the bear get stuffed full of fluff!

015

A little air bath and brushing.

020

021

We got out of there spending less than $30!  Such a great investment into a little girl that has worked so hard and learned so much!  Good job Bubble Gum!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. How special! Such a neat reward for all her hard work. I have a little Build-A-Bear named "Buddy". H1 got him for me when I was pregnant with H3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day! She will remember that FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I know, Kayli is that way too. lol!
    I was so excited when I completed my 200 easy lessons book. Love you!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!