Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate Taffy turns 15!!

015

Happy Birthday to my second born son!  Born at 11:40 pm on February 7th.  My husband was in boot camp during Chocolate’s super fast (my fastest yet) delivery!  It was so hard to be alone during that time, but God was with me!  I  was watching Star Trek the Next Generation when Chocolate came in to the world!  He was 3 weeks early and 8 lbs. exactly!  The funny thing about that experience is that he was such a sleepy baby at first, he would barely eat in the hospital because he was so sleepy, so unlike his older brother who was born WIDE AWAKE and stayed that way for hours!  Even to this day Chocolate Taffy is my sleepy-head! 

We didn’t have big plans for this big birthday, but as is our tradition, he picked the dinner and the dessert.

020

He loves this stuff and I’ll only make it on his birthday because it involves canned rolls! (Blech!)

018

Homemade chocolate cake with chocolate frosting!  OH YUM! This recipe is off the can of Hershey’s Cocoa Powder—it’s delicious and fairly simple to make!

His request was toys for his birthday…he’s such  kid still!  So his siblings got him a new Electronic Monopoly game and Mr. Taffy and I gave him the fun Rubik's 360 and a book (that he picked out) and a coffee card and that twinkie shirt you see him wearing in these pictures.  He’s been having so much fun being the star of the day!  They are on their second round of Monopoly as I type this and they are all so stuffed from dinner that I can hear moans following any belly laughing! 

032

Happy Birthday Kiddo!  Thanks for being such a great son! 

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. You can't show yummy food like that dinner and not share the recipe! Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tristan...it's not fancy! Basically ground beef mixed with spaghetti sauce, with shredded cheese on top, next cresent rolls that have a little bit ofsourcream w/oregano smeared inside before being rolled up. Baked at 375 for 30 minutes. :o) Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. I does look yummy, I just don't like the canned bread! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful bithday and a happy family! sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe, I thought maybe you had made pigs in a blanket!

    My second son was born while my husband was away but my first son was the one who slept through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Chocolate Taffy!

    Wonderful celebration!

    I have made that cake too and everyone goes crazy for it! I agree that it is fairly simple too!!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!