Thursday, February 17, 2011

Raspberry-Nut Valentine’s

I know this is a little late, but I wanted to be able to stick this recipe in my recipe archives for future use.  I think you can easily use a different cookie cutter though and make them for any occasion!

001

  • 1 cup butter-softened
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 vanilla
  • 1/2 cup almonds, ground
  • 2 cups flour
  • powdered sugar
  • raspberry jam or strawberry jam

In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until creamy.  Beat in Vanilla.  Gradually add almonds and flour, blending thoroughly. 

On a floured board, roll out dough.  Cut out with a heart cookie cutter, using a tiny round cutter about 1/2 in diameter on half the cookies.  (You can use the cap from the vanilla or your apple corer.)

Bake at 375 for 11 minutes.  Transfer to racks and let cool completely. 

Sift powdered sugar over tops of cookies with holes, then spread bottom sides of remaining cookies with jam.  Place a sugar-topped cookie on each jam-topped cookie.  Store air tight. 

This recipe doesn't make very many, I think I had 8 totally complete cookies.  I just made these for Mr. Taffy for Valentine’s Day.  Oh and some tiny little cookies with the left over dough for the other people in my house!  YUM!

One of my dearest friends made these cookies for me over 14 years ago as my secret sister at church.  We didn’t even know each other but I was so blessed by her efforts and I’ve kept the original recipe she gave me from all those years ago!  It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship!  Thanks Dory!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet - I found a recipe for a shortbread cookie with a thumbprint hole for raspberry jam, and when they're done, you put half a marshmallow on top and return it to the oven until it gets soft and melty. Sounds muy bueno too, eh? But, I enjoyed thinking about them minus the calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound delicious and look pretty too!! I may need to try it! :-) Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!