Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 29, 1993

Mr. Taffy and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary on Sunday.  He was my high school sweetheart so we’ve been together for more like 21 years.  Wow!  To celebrate we took the whole family up to Duluth, MN.  Mr. Taffy found a great groupon for a site-seeing boat tour on Lake Superior.  It was a perfect day—overcast, cool, breezy.  The light was perfect for taking pictures, I took almost 150!  Here’s a very small sampling.

006

Walking the shore of Lake Superior.

011014

013

015

    016

012

036

031                   007

033

050    053

They loved picking up these flats rocks and showing them to me, so many pretty rocks.  They also had a great time skipping them in the lake.

073

074

Sword fighting!  Laffy Taffy finds weapons EVERYWHERE he goes!

098

See what I mean?  He found some drift wood and it was shaped like a “pistol.”

094

                   103

We did eventually get to the boat, but I took way more pictures on the beach.  The lighting was just so perfect and the children were having so much fun!

145

That’s our boat behind us.  This was actually taken after we got off.

117

129

My favorite picture from the boat!

108

115

Our happy little baby.  She was so good on the boat and in the car on the drive up.  She’s not normally quite so easy going, but today she was and it was such a blessing!

I’m so happy to be married to Mr. Taffy.  So thankful that he has stuck with me all these years. 

Malachi 2:15-16

15 But did He not make them one,
      Having a remnant of the Spirit?
      And why one?
      He seeks godly offspring.
      Therefore take heed to your spirit,
      And let none deal treacherously with the wife of his youth.
16 “ For the LORD God of Israel says
      That He hates divorce,
      For it covers one’s garment with violence,”
      Says the LORD of hosts.
      “ Therefore take heed to your spirit,
      That you do not deal treacherously.”

Rejoicing in my marriage,

Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. Lovely day, you all look so happy! That was nice of Mr. Taffy to take some photos so we could see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that!! Love the writing in the sand! What a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day!

    My two year old is obsessed with weapons also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 18 years!! What a blessing you are to your family and to us in the blogosphere. I am so glad you all had such a wonderful day together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow you guys looks so incredibly happy!! Love it!! Your little baby girl is getting so big....everyone is. I was just thinking of you yesterday as I was posting my slideshow...I thought....Wow, I haven't stopped by to say hello to you in awhile it seems. Sorry :( Life gets a bit busy over here plus my oldest son is ALWAYS on our one computer doing his schoolwork. I guess that's good that I don't have all this free access to the computer. It keeps me on top of things...sorta. ha ha!! Of course I always get my info from Tsavah as far as how all you guys are doing. I always ask about you guys as she trots back into the house after getting a little time on the computer while her big brother is eating lunch.

    Don't know what this summer will hold for us. We might be moving out next month...but that isn't set in stone. I am so very ready to have a house of my own. That has been a struggle of it's own. I don't type much about it on my blog since I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. My in-laws are sweethearts...but you still have to be careful.

    Getting ready for our homeschool evaluations coming up in a couple days. I am taking a bit of some time to check your blog before I start typing out their end of the year summaries for the evaluator...

    Ok...best run. Have a great, great day my dear friend (who one day I hope to meet in person) :D (big smiles)

    Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! Looks like a beautiful day! Love Lake Superior.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!