Friday, July 29, 2011

Garage Sale Treasures Week 14

Garage Sale Treasure Button

I had a super fun time going garage saling with Mr. Taffy!  Our first stop was for coffee, my coffee of choice?  A dark chocolate Mocha—Oh YUM!  Hot or cold and my mouth is happy! 

007

A bunch of cheap stuff…Cabbage Patch busy doll-$1.00. Did you know that can throw this type of CPK in the washing machine? I washed mine up and let it air dry, it looks as good as new! VHS movies-.50.  I’ll probably donate these after we watch them, we just haven’t seen these before and it’s cheaper than renting.  Two mini file folders-.25 each.  One is for filing receipts and one is going to be for organizing Latin Flash Cards.  Leap Frog Spelling Bee Game-$1.00.  The Ravenburger Puzzle was .50.  The manners book-.75 and the other two .25 each.  That little Giraffe toy was .50.  009

Everything in this picture was quarter, except for the new black picture frame, that was $1.00.

010

Please forgive the quality of these picture, I had the camera on the wrong setting.  3 Gymboree outfits-$3.00 each.  These are for Marshmallow to grow into. 

012

Two more Gymboree outfits, also $3.00 each.  For next summer!  I heart Gymboree!

014

Gymboree jumper for this fall- $2.00 and three pairs of leggings.  Two Carter’s and one Hanna Anderson-$1.00 each.  A little more than I think they are worth but a necessity in the fall and winter in MN.

016

At this sale the lady was selling a ton of school uniform clothes.  Most of it was Land’s End.  Each piece in this picture was .50, except the snow pants-$2.50 (Land’s End) and the leather belt-.25.  What a deal!  Oh wait, I guess that plaid shirt was a dollar, but it’s brand new.  These are all for Blue-Raspberry.

021

A lovely country style heavy oak chair for my desk in the school room-$5.00.

And now for Mr. Taffy’s contribution:

019

The little balls were .25 each and the big ball .50.  Blue-Raspberry just might be sitting on that ball during school!  It’s his new best friend.

020

Yellow Basket Ball return for .50.

We had a lot of fun garage saling together and ending our time with a visit to Chipotle—YUM!

Oh my word…I almost forgot to share the most exciting thing I found!  We stopped a new thrift store in our town just for a minute and this is what I found.

015

New pocket diaper for $3.50 each and the micro fiber liners were .25 each!  What a blessing!  The laundry bag wasn’t a particularly good deal, but I always forget to look for one when I’m at Wal-Mart.  $2.00

What did you find this week?  I would LOVE to hear about it!  So would my garage sale buddy’s!  If you haven’t linked up with us before, read this post first

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. You always find such great stuff! Love the sitting ball. That is perfect for blue-raspberry to sit on during school. Makes those wiggly boys much happier than sitting in a chair! And the wooden chair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, awesome deal on the cloth diaper fluff!!! I always hear of thrifts having them but I have yet to find a good, cheap, quality store around here!

    Glad you had some time with Mr. Taffy! Hubby and I are going tomorrow, so I'm off to map our route. I'll be back tomorrow to link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deal on the diaper stuff! I have yet to work up the nerve to cloth diaper. lol I deeply admire women who do it. Cute Gymboree outfits. And I must say a basketball return for .50?! I applaud Mr. Taffy....those return things are simply wonderful when playing ball by yourself (does that happen much at your house?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, sorry for my delayed comment. I really thought I commented the other day! Love all the Gymboree!!! Of course you knew I would, right? :) We have outfits in some of the same lines, they are my favorites :). And the cloth diapers?!! Score! I so wish I could get the hubby to go yard sailing with me. I read your post and mentioned that he should come with us and his response was maybe we should come haul corn with us :-/. Your hubby is good at making deals!! Course I found out last weekend that guys make deals and girls just pay the price (at least that's the norm). Oh I almost forgot your chair-LOVE!! You found some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!