Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Prep Day 2

Another busy day here!  Isn’t it great to be busy at home?   No idleness going on here.

003

The boys were out the door by 6:00 this morning, so I had some time between when they left (breakfast round 1) and when everybody else got up (breakfast round 2).  During that time I got the cookie part of these pumpkin whoppie pies mostly made-dough all mixed and a couple batches through the oven.  That’s a nice smell to wake up to I’m told.

After breakfast and chores Strawberry and I started on the apple pies.

001

Here she is brushing the crusts with whipping cream.  Gives the crust a lovely color.  Lest you think more highly of me than you ought…I bought the pie crusts from Azure.  Even I have my limits!  lol

006

Fresh out of the oven.  I used little leaf cookie cutters to vent the crust.

005

Here is the first step of the Cranberry Chutney.  I just thought it was so pretty.  Apples, Cranberries, onions, lots of spices and sugar.  Nobody likes this but me.  That’s one of the things I love about Thanksgiving, special food that I don’t make any other time of the year.

007

This what the chutney looks like after its been cooked down, it’s nice and thick and perfectly delicious on a turkey sandwich!

And finally the Coconut Bon-Bon’s.  Strawberry made these all on her own.  She made enough for Thanksgiving, her Christmas Tea Party and Christmas.  Planning ahead!

008

010

Oh Yum!

These are filled with coconut and covered in Dark Chocolate.

I had to run a few errands today too.  I had to pick up the boy’s from College, find a pair of dressy shoes for Marshmallow, and get some sweetened condensed milk for the bon-bons (opps, that didn’t make it on my list!).  There was more I wanted to do today…like make a quiche for breakfast tomorrow, clean the little bathroom, wrap a few Christmas presents.  That’s okay though.  Tomorrow is going to be a big day! We are getting closer to our day of Thanks!!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if we have the same bon bon recipe with pwd. sugar and swt. condensed milk and butter? I do some coconut, but my favorite is maple walnut....then rolled in chocolate. Those whoppie pies look wonderful. YUMMY! You are making me hungry!! I think I'll have to work out an extra 15 minutes tomorrow just from reading your blog!
    Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks delicious! I love how you make each holiday so special for your family. Beautiful memories and future joy in the holidays in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Everything looks great! I actually made those whoopie pies today! They turned out pretty good. Where did you get the recipe/idea for the coconut bon bons! I need to try those! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey friend from up there in MN!

    How is it going? I have been ultra busy with life here at home. Today I actually sat down and posted on my blog....shock....can you believe it?! I know I am shocked myself. I don't know when I will post again but I will try to more often. I just have to get my act together...ha ha!

    Lovely pictures on your Thanksgiving prep. Everything looks so very yummy. Strawberry is so very helpful. I keep up with you most of the time through Tsavah's FB. I hardly get on there myself. We have one computer and most of the time our oldest Justin is doing his school work so when I can I sneak in and surf. Most of the time I only have time to check my email.

    Come on over and check out my new house. I posted pics finally. I am so so very happy to have my own home.

    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you guys!

    Sending my love and hugs your way friend!

    Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Reaching for a napkin to wipe my chin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH! My mouth is watering!!!
    Thank you so much for the post the other day, it came at the most wonderful time!!!
    I love you so much!
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!