Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Prep Day 3

Oh my word I’m tired.  I didn’t complete all the things on my list.  Let me rephrase that.  I completed everything on my Wednesday list and started to tackle my Thursday list and then decided I didn’t need all that food.  I must have been hungry when I made my menu!  Here’s what I did do today.

001

Deviled Eggs, some with bacon, some with paprika.  The little separate container is for Chocolate Taffy.  I made his eggs with soy free mayonnaise and the bacon is soy free too.  Everything has soy in it…

002

Pumpkin White Chocolate Cheesecake.  It’s a good thing I took a picture right when it came out of the oven because as it cooled it split.  It’s still going to taste amazing though!

003

Once baked Twice Baked Smashed Potatoes.  They will get their “twice bake” tomorrow.  There is chunks of sharp cheddar and cream cheese mixed in there.  YUM!

005

Wild Rice Casserole.  This smells so good!  It’s not really a casserole in my opinion though, it’s just basically wild rice.  The recipe came from the Living Without Magazine.

004

I got the carrots ready for steaming.

012

My first attempt at Gluten-free rolls.  They smell weird.

011

Vanilla Pumpkin Cupcakes.  These are Gluten and Soy free too, these are for after dinner tonight.  I tried one, strange texture but good taste.

006

Our centerpiece.  I bought the basket at Goodwill for $2.99, but everything else I had.  I’m thinking that basket might look pretty spray painted navy blue.  Hmmm…

007

The Buffet.  I will set out our horse-devours here tomorrow.  Cheese and Crackers and Summer Sausage, Deviled Eggs, Punch, maybe a few Whoppie Pies.

010

The kids made a simple yet adorable banner for the dining room.  I love it!

008

And finally a few gifts.  These are mostly games.  With the age range of children we have here, I had to get a couple different ones.  They are going to have so much fun tomorrow!

Thanks for following along with me during this week of preparations.  I hope your week has been going well too and that you have been able to get the things done that you wanted too and still keep your sanity.  I love Thanksgiving.  I have so much to be thankful for.  So much.  One of the things I am thankful for is this blog and the people who take the time to read it.  Thank you for being a part of my life.

God Bless you as you celebrate Thankfulness tomorrow.  May your hearts be ever mindful of the Creator who gives us all good things.  All our thankfulness should be directed to Him, He loves a thankful heart!

15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:15-17

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Deviled Eggs with Bacon? You're so bad! Good thing you posted the weight loss ticker at the top to keep me from jumping up and making some here! Ha. Your choices look beautiful and healthy! I love the idea of having game presents, we love playing games after dinner/before dessert! I'll stick that one in my back pocket for next year, maybe write it on the menu planner. Thanks for sharing your bag of taffy with us every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie!! At least the bacon was turkey bacon!! haha! The rolls were awful...heavy, hard. I must have done something wrong. I'm not good at baking gluten free, yet. Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!