Thursday, November 24, 2011

The End of an Amazing Day

Not everything went as planned, but our day was great anyway!  Peace reigned!  We weren’t rushed, we weren’t stressed, we weren’t bored, just peaceful and thankful and joyful and belly-full!

We do pretty much the same thing every Thanksgiving.  One of the things we do is our family photo for our Christmas Card.

Possibility 2

This is the best one of the bunch.  My focus is a little off, but I can’t complain otherwise!

funny favorite

Some silliness to get everybody relaxed.

012

Our little Thanksgiving coffee treat!  YUM!

065

The babies.

084

Strawberry getting the table set.  Almost time to eat!

085

Everything was so yummy!  Everybody was so appreciative!

094

After dinner it was game-time!  We played lots of games!  Dutch Blitz, Uno Spin, Thomas the Tank Engine, Wits and Wagers.

098

Around 6 we had dessert. We were hoping to have company for dessert but that didn’t work out.  After dessert the kids got their jammies on and watched Horton Hears a Who.  The day went by so fast! 

One of our traditions is to have some slips of papers and pens out for everybody to write their thankful things on throughout the day. Then they put them in a jar and Mr. Taffy reads them out loud during dessert.  It’s a wonderful memento to have from each year!

My hope is that my everyday life reflects the Thankfulness that I feel and often overwhelms me.  I don’t need to be told all the blessings I have, I KNOW I’m blessed.  More than anything I’m amazed at the blessings in my life and try to fall asleep each night with words of thanks on my lips.

You are blessed just like I!  Maybe even more so!  Focus on the blessings and your heart will overflow with Thanksgiving too!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Everyone looks wonderful. I'm glad you had such a great day! LOVE the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Europe, but try to be thankful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always put a smile on my face :)

    Beautiful pic of the family and love, love the funny faces....ha ha! You always do such a great job to make beautiful memories for you family. LOve it!

    Your bloggy friend,

    Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!