Saturday, November 26, 2011

Family Quirks

Every family has them, that special something that makes some people love us and some people roll their eyes.  Well, my family is no different.  We have a quirk or two or ten…

Take IV 002

The particular quirk that I’m thinking of has to do with unity.  Maybe. The bottom line is we don’t like doing things apart from each other.  In other words, when one person can’t participate, nobody wants to participate.  Early in our marriage it used to make my husband so mad when I would suggest he go ahead and do something without me.  It’s not like we don’t ever do things apart from each other, but we prefer to be together if it’s appropriate.011

Being as my sons are getting older it is happening more and more where they either can’t do things with us, or have to do things that have nothing to do with the rest of us.  It’s okay, we don’t mind.  But if one person is sick and can’t go somewhere, none of us wants to go!  Unity.  We are in this “thing” together!  I think sometimes this little quirk of ours might make people feel bad or question our reasoning.  I don’t really have an answer to that, it’s just who we are and how we like things.  That’s why we can get a great family picture, because we like being together! 

Best of all 7 Children

It might be silly and unrealistic to live life this way, but it’s our way, something that makes our family unique.

What makes your family unique?  I would LOVE to know!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Mrs. Taffy, It is like reading words, I have written, being a family of ten does not stop us from still trying to spend as much time together as possible, the trouble I find is my childrens involvemnet with fellow employers and teammates, who can not understand families spending time together. We live in Massachusetts, where I have to say is not very understanding of "family time". It is so nice to know other people feel family time is not weird. thanks again for your ever inspiring words. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really touched me last night, not necessarily the prose of the post, but what happened after. I was trying to think of what make us quirky other than a weird desire to always be outside or homeschool related. I turned to hubby, not sharing the post contents and said - "May I ask you a weird question? What makes our family Quirky? Unique?" After a moment he answered, we Talk. And it's not just the talking but the listening. We talk til we understand each other. We like each other. We really really like each other. It is so nice to like your wife and your kids. - then he went back to watching the Jodi Foster movie, like I asked him what he'd like for breakfast. My heart is touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, that is so beautiful! My husband and I are like that too, we talk! We love to talk. We've always talked and when things get busy and we don't have time to talk like we need too, we always feel disconnected and out of joint! Each family is such a beautiful reflection of The Father, His goodness to us. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post! We are different too in that we like to be together. I notice it a lot when others post on Facebook about how they can't wait to get alone time. A great night for me is one that I spend with my family!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!