Saturday, November 19, 2011

Family Night Movie~Review!

image

Remember Family Movie Night and the sometimes awkward but always fun movies that Wal-Mart and Proctor and Gamble are making?  Well, they’ve made a new one and I had a chance to preview it.

image

Click the picture to watch the Trailer!

'Game of Your Life' Synopsis

When industrious high school gamer Zach Taylor lands a prized scholarship to the prestigious Digital Institute of Game Design (DIGD), his future breaks wide open. The opportunity to study under gaming legend Marcus Bentton and alongside the country’s most creative minds will certainly propel him into a successful career as a video game designer. That is, if he can pass the infamous freshman project that eliminates more than half of the class within the first three months.

Paired with brilliant yet socially awkward teammates Phillip and Donald, the trio persuades Sara Ramirez – a determined and striking team leader with whom Zach has a history (and possibly a future) – to join their team. Working off-campus in the teched-out Lincoln Alley loft, the four set out to involve the entire campus in a quirky new social interactive game. But as the group becomes entrenched in the project, Zach learns that his father Billy, a widower, is facing growing financial woes at home. To help out, Zach accepts an opportunity to work directly with Marcus Bentton on a secretive side project that seems too good to be true. The effort requires nearly all of Zach’s time and energy, which he should be devoting to the project. Struggling to keep it together, Zach is torn between his responsibility to his team, his admiration for Bentton and a chance to help his father.

Everything comes to a breaking point when Zach’s team threatens to remove him from the group and the deceptive truth behind Bentton’s project comes to light. With the guidance of Professor Abbie Lambert, Zach must make a decision that not only affects his future, but the lives and livelihoods of the people around him as well. It’s a revealing story that recognizes the magnitude behind the choices we make and the importance loyalty plays in making good decisions. (from the publisher)

My thoughts:

Being someone who doesn’t like computer games, pretty much at all, I was surprised at how much I liked this movie.  They really kept it on the light side of gaming with some of silly games that even I know about.  This Family Night Movie was probably the funniest of the bunch so far, I found myself laughing repeatedly.  I would say this movie is geared more toward the older teens as well, since the actors play college kids.  We did let our 8 year old watch it with us and he liked it, but he didn’t really understand the ramifications of the choices the main character was making or the funny antics of the college roomies. 

There was one scene where a pool party was mentioned, as in “bring your swimsuit.”  I basically held my breath until the scene was revealed and I’m happy to report there wasn’t a female bathing suit to be seen.  I was particularly looking for bikini’s.  I think there was only one guy actually swimming in the pool, but nobody was walking around in their unmentionables.  Thanks Wal-Mart and P& G for that, this mom REALLY appreciates it!

So after the Thanksgiving left-over are gone and you’ve recovered from Black Friday, you can look forward a fun Family Movie Night on December 2, 7pm on NBC.  Watch for it!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Disclaimer-I was able to watch the preview of this movie in exchange for my honest review.  I was not paid!

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I just came across your blog and was wondering how you do your product reviews and giveaways on movies. Do you contact the people who made the film and ask to review it, or do you purchase it yourself and then review it?
    Please leave a comment on my blog and let me know, as I would like to get into something similiar.
    Thank you!

    ~Samantha

    Blog:
    http://simpledelights-samantha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been OVERJOYED with the choices of wardrobe for these movies! How awesome for the boys - and me - to be able to watch an entire flick with our eyes open. So nice to see females as real characters instead of just gratuitus skimpy clothing wearers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!