Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012/2013 Homeschool Proposal

009

It’s that time of year again, the time when I make my annual homeschool proposal.  If you are new to reading my blog, you can read this post to see what I’m talking about!  I had so much fun yesterday!  I would have happily foregone making dinner, but alas I pushed through and finished my proposal BEFORE dinner.  Each year it seems to get a little easier, since my style and tastes become more refined.  Here’s what I came up with:

Strawberry Taffy-10th Grade

I have almost all of this stuff since her brother’s used most of it.  Her total cost for 10th grade is approximately $260.  The biggest expense being Latin.  It seems to me that prices are going up here, just like everywhere else.  Hopefully I can find some of these things used too.  I’ll be looking anyway!

Blue-Raspberry Taffy-4th Grade

I’m really excited about the Phonetic Zoo.  He took the placement test yesterday and listened to the sample.  He got really excited about being able to earn the Animal Cards.  I have about half of this stuff.  Latin and Math being the most expensive.  Thankfully, this is the last set of TT that I have to buy, I have all the rest all the way up to Geometry.  His total, for all NEW products is approximately 350.00.  Like I said before, I will try to find some of this used, the main reason for making this proposal is so that I have enough money set aside from our tax return to get them at new prices if I need too.

Bubble Gum-2nd Grade

    • Math- Mathematical Reasoning C (Timberdoodle) (wow!  This price went up since I checked it yesterday!  ouch!)
    • Science-See Blue-Raspberry
    • Language Arts-All about Spelling (Kit and Level 1), Various Readers, Handwriting Through the Proverbs.
    • Latin-Repeat Song School Latin 1 unless Song School Latin 2 is ready by August, then I’ll be getting that for her and Laffy Taffy.
    • History-See Blue-Raspberry

Super excited about All About Spelling!  I would buy it right now if I could swing it.  Which I might be able too…I’m going to offer some of my old stuff for sale here on my blog, be watching for it!!**  Her total comes to approximately $100.00.

Laffy Taffy-PreK

I’m pretty much freaking out about All about Reading!  I really want to get this for him RIGHT NOW!  I could probably take it out of my grocery budget!  lol  He’s going to LOVE it!  I’m pretty sure I’m going to love it too and there’s no risk since she offers a money back guarantee, who does that anymore? 

It’s so very odd not including Banana and Chocolate in this proposal.  They will be graduating next year, pretty much all of their education will either come from their College or on-line sources.  I still consider them homeschooled since I’m  very much involved in helping them pick their classes and manage their time, I do pay for the little fees associated with the group they are going to that hosts the college classes also.

001

002

It always gets me so excited, all this planning and preparing.  I’m so thankful to be homeschooling and so thankful for the resources that are available!

“Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.”  Proverbs 9:9

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

**I went ahead and made a page of Used-Curriculum that I am selling!  Check it out if you having something on my proposal and you want to trade, I’m open to that as well!!

7 comments:

  1. I just got "All about Reading" and I am soooo excited!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful homeschool info!
    April Conner

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, with Bubble are you just going with AAS because she already has a strong reading background? I have a daughter going into second grade too and she is a string reader and I was curious about AAR level 2 but wasn't sure. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little unsure what to do as well. The readers that go with AAS 1 will be way too easy for her, and the beginning of the book will probably go pretty quickly for her, but I don't feel she will be ready for level 2. I don't know anybody personally who's using the program, so I'm just winging it here! :o) It's pretty inexpensive once you get the kit, so I figure if I have to buy level 2 half way through next year it will be okay. I hope that helps.

      Delete
  3. Sounds good, and we are bout on the same path. Can't wait to walk through another year together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie!! I'm glad not to be on this journey alone too!! :o)

      Delete
  4. It is great that you have so many curriculum for homeschoolers. In Hungary we have to use the books from the school. It is difficult because there are no instructions for the parents :( But anyway, I am happy that we at least can homeschool and sometimes we use some extra English homeschooling curriculum.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!