Saturday, April 21, 2012

Garage Sale Treasures Week 2

Garage Sale Treasure Button

Can you stand a picture-less post?  We are in the midst of finals for the Highschoolers and wrapping up our 2011/2012 homeschool year, my camera hasn’t been used all week!  I was at Goodwill twice this week.  Once when I took the kids to the orthodontist (there’s a Goodwill directly behind the office) and once when I returned some stuff from that Goodwill. 

The first trip was a 50% off green tag day.  I found a bunch of stuff for me but ended up returning them for one reason or another, but I did keep a lovely gray wool skirt.  It’s just a touch too tight, so my goal will be to wear it this fall and winter.  I also found a really cute Jean Jacket.

Then on my “return” trip it was Thursday which is Toddler Thursday and all the kid stuff at Goodwill is 50% off.  I found a brand new brown hoodie for Laffy Taffy.  It’s says” Official S’mores Taste Tester.”  It’s adorable.  I washed it and Laffy Taffy wore it to Trader Joe’s on Friday, the clerk saw it and opened a box of their s’mores candy and passed it out to our family!  What a fun treat!  Laffy wants to wear it “every time” we go to Trader Joe’s “from now on!”  haha!  The hoodie was $1.99-what a deal! 

I did see some garage sales when I was driving around on Friday, but I was cash poor, hardly a quarter to my name.  Next week is our last week of school, my posts will be much more interesting then, I promise!

I know some of you have been out there finding treasures!

Remember, if this is the first time linking up, please read this post first!  Without further ado…

Let the bragging begin!

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your treasures! I found a little Fisher Price piano (four keys) for toddlers at Goodwill. That's about all I've found recently. I like Senior Tuesdays. 10% off everything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FINALLY just got my garage sale recap posted! It's been a crazy week. I really need to work on trying to get my posts done by Saturday night. But there is never enough time. I don't know how you do it all!! Maybe if you do venture down to the sunshine state one day, maybe we can meet for coffee and I can pick your brain! :)

    LOVE your smores story! That is so much fun and what a fun experience for your little one!! We also went to a couple thrift stores this week where the clothing was 50%. I actually bought stuff for myself, which I NEVER do. Spent $10 on 6 pairs of clothing. Not bad!

    Hope you are having a good week, Mrs. Taffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've been meaning to ask you. Do you garage sale and go to thrift stores with all the kids? If so, how do you do it? Please share with me some tips! We finally have another car, which is awesome, but at the same time it means I have to venture out with all three by myself. I'd like to run errands and thrift with them, but not sure how. ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolyn! I'll work on a post about garage saling with little ones. Without a doubt it's a lot of work, but it's doable! :o) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!