Saturday, May 12, 2012

Garage Sale Treasures Week 5

Garage Sale Treasure Button

We had a great time this week at an all-city garage sale.  We had everybody with us, all the Taffy’s and Grandma Taffy too, we even had to drive two cars.  I made all kinds of food the day before, we left at 6:30 in the morning, early enough to stop for coffee on the way.  So fun!  The only bad part about drinking coffee on the way to an all-city garage sale is that by the time you get there you need a potty-break!  What are you gonna do? 

008

Lots of books!  All the chapter books were .25 each.  The most expensive books were the Busy Hands books @ 2.00, they are brand new though.  I’m going to save them for Marshmallow.  I paid a dollar for the Hopscotch Hill book and the Ravensburger Teddy Bear Matching Game.

011

The Robeez were 2 for $1.00.  Can you believe it?  They came out of the wash great!  The neck pillow was .25 and the training pants were 3 for $1.00.

009

The Woody Doll was $2.00.  I’m saving it for Laffy Taffy’s stocking.  The velcro ball game was .25 and so were the 2 nets-both for a .25.  The wallet was also .25 and when I got home I found about .65 worth of change in there.  lol  I’m saving that for a stocking too.  The nets are going in the water table. 

010

Only a little bit of clothing for Strawberry.  The gray sweater was $2.00 and the striped sweater set was $2.00 also.

At one point in the morning I had a royal fit.  I was getting so offended by the prices of clothing.  What are people thinking?  They were selling their stuff for $5.00, $8.00, $12.00.  HUH?  I basically sat in the car until we left that neighborhood, I was that annoyed.  Then we found a great sale…everything was $1.00 and all her stuff was nice!  Talbots, Eddie Bauer, J. Crew.  Look at what I got!

013

Two beautiful black sweaters, a hot pink cashmere sweater and a shirt/vest combo.

014

The striped sweater is also Cashmere and the green one is mostly wool.  All her pants were too big for me, I’m still not the same on the top and bottom…at her sale I also bought these adorable pillows.

019

Just the floral ones, they are down filled and the covers  come off.  They look so nice on our bed!  She had $3.00 each on them but I got them for $2.00.  I’m very happy about that purchase!

017

Marshmallow got the most clothes.  I was really picky though and didn’t want to spend much.  Most of these pieces were .50 each, the one exception being the Gymboree outfit on the right, each piece was $2.00.  It’s brand new and absolutely a prize!

018

I was pretty happy to find that Hanna Sundress for $1.00.  Bubble Gum has one just like it in different colors.  It’s so fun when they can match.  Most of the clothes I bought were size 24 months.

020

Some household things:  Cute lamp for $3.00.  The jars were $2.00for the set of 3 . Mini jars .25 each.  The vintage apron was .50 and the Black-eyed Susan Seeds were .50.

I also found some shorts for my big boys and a down vest for me.  A few pair of pants for Blue-Raspberry and Laffy Taffy.  I was really picky about prices and quality this year.  I hardly bought any toys, you saw the picture above.  I’m not sure how much money I actually spent but I don’t think it was much but it sure was fun to be carefree all day, shopping and digging through people’s stuff, eating cookies and laughing at my husband’s driving!  What a blessing!

How did you do?  Did you find any treasures?  Please share your finds with us by linking up below!  If you’ve never joined us before, please read this post first!

Let the bragging begin!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. You found some really nice things! What a great bunch of books for .25! And the clothes you found look lovely. I really, truly dislike over priced garage sales. Sometimes I just want to say to people....did you really want to get rid of this stuff? Makes it feel like a waste of time driving there only to find nice things at a ridiculous price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillows!! They are so pretty! 12.00?? That is so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!