Friday, August 17, 2012

Blackberry Cobbler {Recipe}

I hope you know that I’m alive and well.  I haven’t abandoned my blog, I’ve just been living the life! Working hard.  Teaching.  Cooking.  Cleaning.  Nurturing.  You know the life because you live it too!  I’ve been trying so hard to stay on top of things so I can avoid that awful feeling of being behind and playing catch-up.  A lot of that “staying on top of things” refers to the kitchen.  Wow.  Children sure need to eat.  A lot.  Often.  I’ve been staying home so much that I was able to make $100 of gas last three weeks!  And I drive a BIG suburban!  Anyway, I was up super early this morning because a certain little Marshmallow wouldn’t go back to sleep, so I made a special breakfast for everybody.  I wanted to share the recipe with you! 

Blackberry Cobbler

1/4 butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar (raw or organic)

1 cup flour (wheat or pasty flour or plain ol’ white)

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 cup milk

2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries

3/4 cup 100% apple juice

In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.  Add flour and baking powder.  Turn on the mixer and slowly pour in the milk.  Mix just until moistened.

Spread batter in a greased 1 1/2 quart dish.  Top with blackberries.  Then pour apple juice over the top and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

036

So obviously I doubled this recipe.  I did make my boys something else to eat also because I figured they could have eaten this entire pan by themselves.  Honestly, I’m not sure if this is a breakfast food or a dessert, but with all that fruit in there I figured it could pass as breakfast.  (smile)  I found the blackberries at a discount grocery store for really cheap, I might go back and buy more to freeze so we can have this delicious dish again in the winter.

037

YUM!!

I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer!  Living the life…

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. Great timing as we just picked a bucket of blackberries and my youngest has been wanting a cobbler. I wish I could send you some blackberries. As you know they grow quite well here in the northwest.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!