Sunday, October 14, 2012

Seasons

023

It’s fall.  I love fall.  For me fall is the time of year to reflect on the spring and summer and to prepare for the winter time.  Fall rejuvenates me.  I love the cool nights.  I love watching the leaves change colors and while I don’t like all the leaves all over my yard, I do like observing how nature gets ready for it’s long winter’s sleep.

Recently I’ve been reflecting on my blog and what it means to me and what I want to do with it, where I want it to go, if anywhere.  I’ve been praying about whether I should write a farewell post and delete the whole thing.  Today I decided, through a series of frustrations, that I’m not quite ready to let it go.

100 

I rounded up the children for a photo shoot this morning, I’ve been planning it all week.  I should have done it in May.  Don’t know why I didn’t.  Today was the day.  It was GLORIOUS in every definition of the word.  Like a perfectly orchestrated song, it fulfilled a need in me that I had been neglecting and didn’t realize was so important.  A need to be creative and spontaneous, to be outside in the cold breeze surrounded by the brilliance of fall and my children.  It was such a blessing.  I didn’t know I needed it so bad until it was over with, almost better than a vacation.  Something about taking pictures of my children does that for me.  You’ll see the photos throughout my blog and on facebook and if I have your address you’ll see one at Christmastime too. (smile)

156

This is from today…Banana took it of me (candid- keeping it real) when I was directing children for a photo.  I look a little tired, I am a little tired.  But truly, when we finished  the photo shoot I was on cloud 9! So much fun!

I’m sorry I’ve been such a slacker.  I’ve been feeling a little bogged down with all my responsibilities, not in a bad, just in a way that hasn’t left much time for anything else.  Believe or not, I spend a lot of time talking and listening to my children about the various things they have going on in their lives!  That brings me GREAT joy but I never imagined it would be so time consuming!  lol

On an even more personal level, we are trusting the Lord for a miracle.  I’m not at liberty to share more at this point, but you know I will when I can!  If God sees fit to grant this miracle it could be such an amazing blessing to our family, possibly for generations!  I’m just trying to remain peaceful and wait on the Lord!  Expectantly!

232

I hope you all are enjoying this season!  May the cool winds of fall wash over your soul and rejuvenate your spirit to stay faithful to the tasks the Lord has given you to do!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

7 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see you blogging again! It is a wonderful diary you will look back on in the future, when you are not so busy, and you will be amazed at how much you have accomplished. I just noticed the "Grace, Vision, Joy, Service". beautifully photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least check in every once in a while, but don't delete this great resource. Blessings as you find rest. I don't feel like I have the time or brainpower to write great articles either. I am glad I have just enough time to enjoy my family. Will be praying for your miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do not delete, I love keeping up with your family. I will be praying for your miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't delete your blog, I love reading it from time to time and your family is such an inspiration! Your children are beautiful and you have such a nice smile :)
    Miracles do happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also be sad if you stopped blogging! I love keeping up with you guys and I use your blog as a resource for homeschooling ideas and recipes!!!! As a mom of only 2, I get so much encouragement from your posts. Since you thrive with 7, God will give me the grace for my 2. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!