Monday, January 28, 2013

I’m going to huff and puff and take Your name in vain!?

Strawberry Taffy and her dad and little brother had the honor of going to see Jason Gray at the Mall of American for a free concert.  This was totally a spur of the moment thing, but it was completely blessed by the Lord.

She came home so excited and told me about this song The Sound of our Breathing.  Just listening to her explain it to me gave me the chills.  You can hear Jason Gray explain it himself in the above video.

Two things dawned on me if this is indeed true, that with every breath we say God’s name:

1. No wonder there is such a war going on with the unborn babies and killing them BEFORE they are allowed to breathe their first breath.  No wonder…

2.  Maybe when we sigh, you know that heavy sort of Mom sigh that says how frustrated and irritated we are, maybe that’s really a form of taking God’s name in vain.  I don’t know but the thought was convicting and makes me want to be more aware of all the huffing puffing I do around here!

So much of what we do has ramifications, we just have no idea.  Breathe deep and let your soul bless the Lord.

The battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. That's good stuff!
    If our daily walk should be in worship to the King, then huffing may be just the same as grumbling. That is not a posture of worship or giving thanks, it says the opposite.
    Yes, watch what we do.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. “The letters of the name of God in Hebrew… are infrequently pronounced Yahweh. But in truth they are inutterable….

    This word {YHWH} is the sound of breathing.

    The holiest name in the world, the Name of Creator, is the sound of your own breathing. That these letters are unpronounceable is no accident. Just as it is no accident that they are also the root letters of the Hebrew verb ‘to be’… God’s name is name of Being itself.”

    ~Rabbi Lawrence Kushner
    I had just read this on A Holy Experience!
    http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/01/how-to-breathe-through-the-hard-times/
    Thanks for sharing! And I like your take on it - I'll remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic word!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!