Thursday, February 7, 2013

2013/2014 Homeschool Proposal

It’s that time of year for me.  The time when I purpose to put my ideas and plans to paper, to create a proposal for our next homeschool year so we can take the money out of our tax return.  So without further ado, here it is. 

Strawberry Taffy (Non-PSEO Version)-11th Grade

1. Language Arts

a. American Literature: A Survey Course - $27.00

b. We own all the books or can get them from the library.

2. Math

a. Teaching Textbooks: Geometry

3. Science

a. Apologia Chemistry

4. Foreign Language

a. Rosetta Stone: Irish 1 & 2 -$299.00

b. This will last for 2 years unless she really gets into it then we may have to purchase another year.

5. History

a. History 101: Hillsdale College

b. Constitution 101: Hillsdale College

6. Electives

a. Preparing to be a HelpMeet by Debi Pearl-$14.00

b. Joyfully at Home by Jasmine Baucham- $17.00

c. It’s (not that) Complicated by Botkin- $15.00

d. One Thousand Gifts by Ann VosKamp-$10.00

Blue-Raspberry Taffy-5th Grade

1. Language Arts

a. Daily Grams (Grammar)

b. *Sonlight Core 2 & 3 (Reading)

c. All About Spelling Level 4 & 5- $39.95+shipping level 4 (Spelling)

2. Math

a. Teaching Textbooks: Grade 5

3. Science

a. Considering God’s Creation

4. History

a. Sonlight Core 2 & 3

5. Geography

a. United States

b. Galloping the Globe

c. Sonlight

*A friend of mine has retired from homeschooling and she has graciously given me 4 years worth of Sonlight.  I am so blessed by her generosity, I have always wanted to try Sonlight but have never been able to spend the money.  I have buckets of books in our school room that I have to find a place for now…that’s a small inconvenience though!  Wow!

Bubble Gum Taffy (3rd Grade)

1. Language Arts

a. Daily Grams (Grammar)

b. Sonlight Core 2 & 3 (Reading)

c. All About Spelling Level 4 & 5 (See Blue-Raspberry)

d. Startwrite (Handwriting)

2. Math

a. Teaching Textbooks 3

3. Science

a. Considering God’s Creation

4. History

a. Sonlight Core 2 & 3

5. Geography

a. United States

b. Galloping the Globe

c. Sonlight Core 2 & 3

Laffy Taffy-1st Grade

1. Language Arts

a. All About Spelling Level 1 (Spelling)

b. All About Reading Level 1 & 2-$99.95 + shipping (Reading)

c. Startwrite (Writing)

2. Math

a. Haven’t totally decided what to use here, I have plenty in my school room to supplement him though.

3. Science

a.Considering God’s Creation

4. Geography

a. United States

5. Thinking Skills

a. Learning Resources Creative Color Cubes-$20.00

Marshmallow Taffy-Tot School

· Do-a-dot paints-$14.99

· Learning Resources Smart Snacks Alpha Pops-$14.99

· Magnatab Lowercase-$20.00

There you have it.  I have two graduating this year so I won’t be buying any more curriculum for them.  Only the items with prices next to them are things I need to buy.  I’m feeling pretty good about my proposal.  I was very committed to using what I already had and that has helped to keep expenses down.  I will also be adding several CLEP tests to my proposal and various expenses for the Teach them Diligently Conference that we are attending in Omaha, NE come May. EXCITING!!

Have you made a plan for the next school year?

The Battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! An exciting year coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got excited when I read "2013/2014 Homeschool Proposal". In the midst of the mid-year blahs it's so refreshing to see your proposal list. It warms my homeschooling heart. Thank you!
    I just ordered All About Spelling level one and started it today with both boys. I have a hard time ordering in bulk every year. I seem to order a few books and a new curriculum something every 6 months. I don't find I carry/store too much extra, it's just that I haven't been hsing long enough to really see the bigger distant picture for each kid for an entire school year I guess. And when life throws me curve balls my hs goals sometimes have to stretch out longer than a term or school year, depending on the subject.
    Happy February!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!