Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chocolate Taffy-Another Year

033

Sigh…they just keep getting older.  I LOVE to celebrate my children, love to see them approach adulthood and independence, but still birthday’s make me a little melancholy.  Chocolate Taffy turned 17 on the 7th.  Seriously?  I just don’t feel old enough to have ANOTHER 17 year old.  I’m so thankful to have younger children, I think they keep me feeling younger!

2nd-Jonah Blanchard (2)

I was looking through Chocolate Taffy’s baby book recently, looking for a photo to use for Graduation.  I found something interesting.  A little note I wrote to myself.  I was 22 when I found out I was pregnant with Chocolate Taffy, I had a newborn, was still post partum and here I was pregnant again.  I was little, let’s say, unsure about that.  But God in His graciousness spoke very clearly to me and told me that this baby was going to be a blessing.  I wrote it down.  I forgot about it.  God is not a liar.  This son has been a tremendous blessing to his father and I.  Through some of the difficult things we’ve been through recently he has been dependable and consistent, he’s been helpful and obedient. 

036

I was so happy to find that little note.  So happy to be able to testify to the faithfulness of God.

Happy Birthday Chocolate Taffy!  Thanks for be what God said you would be.  Thanks for being you!  I am honored to be your mom!

The Battle is the Lord’s,

Mrs. Taffy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!