Friday, June 10, 2011

Garage Sale Treasure Week 7

Garage Sale Treasure Button

This week was a bit of a disappointment.  We were only out there an hour before we quit.  I think I might have to try a new suburb.  The prices I saw today were so ridiculous it isn’t even worth talking about!  I did manage to find a few little goodies though.

011

None of this was essential, just fun and cheap.  The calendar white board is brand new and was $1.00.  I think I will put it in our school room.  The Discovery Toys Place and Trace was  a quarter, all the pieces are there too!  Wrist rattles-.25 Tag Ball-.75 Scripture Book Ends-$1.00

012

2 Americana Throw Pillows $1.00 each.

015

This was my major purchase of the day.  I found this little beauty at the junkiest garage sale you’ve ever seen.  They had $25.00 on it, but when the guy saw me looking at it, he said he would give it to me for $20.00.  It’s brand new!  I don’t think in the all years I’ve been a mom that I’ve had a stroller this nice.  It’s really a blessing.  An extra perk is that the handle is extra tall, so it’s even comfortable for my tall husband to push!

Since the garage sales weren’t very satisfying, Strawberry, Salt Water and I went to Goodwill.  Thursday is Toddler Thursday, so all kid’s stuff is 50% off, except shoes for some strange reason.

010

This is a neat Melissa and Doug toy, I forget what it’s called, but you slide the little pictures to appropriate spot on the board.  For example, M is for monkey, so the monkey slides to the M part.  It’s double sided.  $1.50

013

Well, this picture is a combo of my day.  The dress came from a garage sale, it’s 3 pieces and was $2.00.  Jeans are Gymboree from Goodwill for $1.50.

014

A pair of jeans for Blue-Raspberry-$2.50, a swim shirt for Bubble Gum (to grow into)-$2.00 and a wooden cigar box for my mom-$1.99.  Was that a good price mom?

I also found a leather belt for Banana Taffy.  I think I paid around $12.00 for everything.  I was surprised at some of the high prices at Goodwill though.  I had a pair of black Crocs in my cart and an adorable pair of dinosaur rubber boots, both for Laffy Taffy, but I didn’t buy them because they weren’t half price. 

Hopefully your garage sale week was more fruitful than mine!  Wanna link up?  I would love to see what you got!  If you’ve never linked up before, please read this post first.

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. I love these posts! It's so fun to see what others bring home. Ok, I have to disagree with you...:)....you brought home some great treasures for reasonable prices. The stroller is gorgeous. I love the Melissa and Doug board too! That is too funny that they wouldn't mark 50% on shoes also. We have a Goodwill that is very nice, but also very pricey. I love garage sales and know that it's one way that I can provide for our family. Whenever I don't think that I did well with a day of garage sales, I take a look at what I did buy and there is always something that was a on my wish or need list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stroller made it all worth while didn't it? Beautiful! So many nice goodies! The cigar box (love it!) looks beautiful too - $1.99 is what I always see them for in Goodwill. In antique stores the same thing is $6-12. I always look for nice toys at GW too, but never seem to find any as nice as you do! I think when the prices are so high at garage sales, those people are "new" to selling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME find on the stroller! It's beautiful! It's amazing what you can find at sales that seem to be junkie. I love the Melissa and Doug toy, too. The little Gymboree jeans are so sweet! Great finds. I'm getting ready to head out to our sales. I hope to find some good stuff, too :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stroller is absolutely beautiful. Love the chocolate color of it! Goodwill is fun....it's my second favorite place to shop, next to garage sales. :) I actually contemplated going there today instead of garage saling because it was pouring rain. Hopefully next week you'll find better sales.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!