I started out the day determined to get some homeschool planning done. I originally planned to start our school back up on August 1st, but now it’s being pushed back to August 9th because of company and other obligations. Still, I know how quickly time goes by, even if I feel like I have a lot of time, I know I don’t really.
So I went down stairs to get busy and found this…
I kept giving the children things to take downstairs for me, things were piling up. Plus, I did some digging around in there too. There was NO way I could plan while it was like this. I need things orderly in order to think orderly! It took me until 3pm. You can see the clock says 8:30, I actually started earlier, I just didn’t remember to take a picture until then. We had lunch for 45 minutes in the middle, but the rest of the time I was organizing. My book shelves have NEVER been so organized. I always wanted my books organized, but just never did it. Well, I did it today!
Books are separated by categories that make sense to us and LABELED!
I organized all the school books too. I was having WAY TOO much fun with my label maker!
And the Tot School Shelves.
I have a box of stuff to donate and a box of stuff to sell.
Some of these things I’m getting rid of just because I can’t get them to fit anywhere nicely.
This is what the room looked like at 3:00. Ahhh…now I can breathe and plan! I managed to get 8 weeks of lessons planned for Strawberry. I had to stop and take the boys to work, then it was dinner time, then Marshmallow just wanted to be held and nursed, so I didn’t get any other lessons planned, but it’s all set up and ready for me to work on again tomorrow, AFTER I go grocery shopping.
It’s almost time to start back up! Are you ready?
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy
P.S. Just a little something extra to make you smile.
She loves her chiming “Funny Bunny.”





She looks so much like you did in that photo!
ReplyDeleteI love the joy of newly organized shelves! It really does help you think AND it reminds you of just what you have available to use. I just finished moving some things along last night at our local used curriculum sale so now I need to reorganize our shelves. Hmm...
ReplyDeleteWow - looks great!! I really need to get moving on our bookshelves. Would you come over and do our school area?!?!
ReplyDeleteI love your homeschool space! This will be our first year homeschooling. My oldest will be starting his kindergarten work soon and all the stuff I have collected is in disarray. I hope I can get it organized soon.
ReplyDeleteYour space looks so great!! I can only imagine that you are much better at planning in an organized space!
ReplyDeleteLooks great!! I love the book shelves!! Who am I kidding? I love organizing :)
ReplyDeleteYour classroom looks so ready to learn in!
ReplyDeleteWe were going to start school on Aug. 1 as well, but now that we will not be home until Aug. 4, well that would be tough. Now we are waiting until the 15th to start up again :-( It is tempting to schedule for the 8th, but I think it more wise to organize and plan first. I know how quickly time passes also and have been doing as much planning as possible 'on the road'.
Thanks for being such an inspiration! I will post of my organizing and planning efforts upon my return :-)