Thursday, January 26, 2012

Turkey Porcupine Sliders~Recipe

Last weekend we had a Parent’s Night for the parent’s in our fellowship. We went to a restaurant that is known for their healthy food and delicious tea.  It was a really fun night out and I really liked my dinner so I got the idea of trying to remake the recipe at home.  I think I succeeded!

005

Ingredient list-

  • Ground Turkey (I’m sorry I don’t know how much I used exactly, I just buy the 4 pack from Costco, I used 1 pack, it doesn’t have the weight on it-weird!)
  • 1 cup chopped raw spinach
  • 1/2 cup chopped craisans
  • 2 cups of prepared brown rice (or white or brown and wild, this is a good way to use up rice left overs)
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1/4 tsp. Pepper
  • 1 Tbsp. Parsley
  • 1/2 tsp. all-purpose vegetable seasoning

001

Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.  I used my kitchen aide because my turkey was still a little frozen.  Shape into little patties.

003

Fry them on a griddle using a little olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.

I made mine all at once and put them in a casserole dish.  Then I warmed them up in the microwave before I served them.  I was able to make about 20 little patties.  They cooked up really fast too.

 

002

I made up a batch of potato rolls with some leftover mashed potatoes, these are mini rolls.  The rest of the dough I made a loaf of bread.  Here’s the recipe for the rolls. You could use any little roll with good results.

006

YUM!!  You can see I used wild rice in mine.  Some of the kids put ketchup on theirs (yuck!).  If I had it I would have put lettuce and tomato on them too.  Everybody really liked them, I did make Mr. Taffy’s without craisans, he doesn’t appreciate craisans.  I served this with Crunchy Potatoes and Mashed Acorn Squash.

Feed your family well!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Your rolls look so perfect! The sliders look delicious! Ever thought of opening a restaurant when all the kids are grown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUUUMMMMMMERS! Those look really good. And extra delicious with homemade rolls, I'm sure!
    Thanks for posting the recipe.
    Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I have been making a recipe pretty darn close to this as a skillet recipe. It never occurred to me to make it into a patty. I think we'll give it a try this week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!